The Stafford EDA's purpose is to facilitate business expansion and growth in Stafford. The EDA provides training seminars, networking opportunities, grants, and finance programs to foster new business investment.
Project Bonds Issuance
Financing of projects by the EDA through either taxable or non-taxable tax-exempt Industrial Revenue Bonds is similar to conventional financing, in that the repayment of the debt by the company or organization benefiting from the bonds is required, per the terms of the financing agreement.
Any bond financing project handled by the EDA requires an application and is subject to application fees that can be used by the EDA to transact other economic development activities within the county.
For example, revenue bonds were issued for Mary Washington Healthcare’s Cancer wing expansion.
Business Grant and Financing
Stafford EDA financing is available for start-up and/or operations of new or expanding business in Stafford County.
EDA offers limited number of Startup or Expansion Grants as well as Micro-Loan and Gap Financing Programs.The EDA will also participate in its Major Investment program for significant economic development projects.
View the Incentive and Financing Program.
To learn more or to request application contact a member of the Stafford Economic Development team.
Upcoming Workshops & Networking Events
Stafford EDA hosts a number of business training, entrepreneurial development, and networking events. Below are upcoming events to learn and share more about your business… visit soon as we continue to offer new opportunities.
Veterans Business Bootcamp | Wednesday, October 16, 2019
The Veterans Business Bootcamp is a program instituted by the University of Mary Washington Center for Economic Development and the Stafford County Department of Economic Development and Tourism to provide an overview of business ownership to service members. The program is sponsored by the Stafford County Economic Development Authority. The course is a half-day opportunity for Veterans (and others) to learn of business opportunities and accelerating their business prospects. It is open and free to Veterans of all eras, service members (including members of the National Guard and Reserves), and their spouses. Click here to register for this free event.
2019 Business Appreciation Reception – Click here to see what you missed!
Stafford County EDA Members
- Mr. Joel Griffin, Chairman – Rock Hill District, Term Expires: 6/10/23
- Mr. Donald H. Newlin, Vice Chairman – George Washington District, Term Expires: 6/10/23
- Mr. Howard Owen, Treasurer – Falmouth District, Term Expires: 6/10/20
- Mr. Skip Causey – Griffis-Widewater District, Term Expires: 6/10/21
- Ms. Heather Hagerman – Garrisonville District, Term Expires: 6/10/20
- Ms. Danielle Davis – Aquia District, Term Expires: 6/10/22
- Mr. Jack Rowley – Hartwood District, Term Expires: 6/10/21
- Mr. Charles W. Payne, Jr. – EDA Counsel
- Mr. John Holden – EDA Secretary; Director – Economic Development and Tourism Department