Stafford's Small Business Coronavirus (COVID-19) Disaster Assistance Grant Fund
The purpose of this program is to assist Stafford County, Virginia, small businesses who have been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Limited funds are available for this grant assistance program and only qualified applicants will receive funds. All applicants must submit certain financial information as provided below and all applications must be deemed complete before the EDA can fund any grant. Preference is to those firms that are making all efforts to remain open and keep as close to full employment as possible. The EDA may also request additional information before finalizing its review. All applicants must further certify that the information provided below and submitted with this application is true and accurate. Please note that EDA funds for this program are available to the extent the EDA has authorized funding to support this program and may extinguish the same at any time pursuant to its sole and absolute discretion.
Once you have completed your application, please email it to Josh Summits at [email protected].
Application review will begin Monday, March 30, 2020. In addition to completeness, applicants will be awarded in order received.
Links to assistance for businesses during the Coronavirus situation
- Direct link to SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus >>
- The Small Business Administration released a press release regarding Disaster Assistance (click here to view in Spanish). More details can be found at the SBA Loan Fact Sheet >>
- The President is expected to sign the “Phase Three” Stimulus Package (CARE Act) today. We will update you in regards to applications and process to apply for a range of Federal grants, forgivable loans, and easing of current SBA borrower’s payments.
- For information on unemployment and other business needs, visit the Virginia Employment Commission >>
- Updates from Virginia Dept of Health (including some info for businesses) >>
Local and State News and Updates
- The Commonwealth of Virginia >>
- Senator Mark R. Warner’s Office >>
- Senator Tim Kaine’s Office >>
- US House of Representatives: Congressman Rob Wittman’s Office >>
- FAQ’s from the House Ways and Means Committee on how the federal government is responding to the pandemic >>
- Stafford County advisories and information >>
- Contact Stafford ED&T for assistance >>
- Stafford Commissioner of the Revenue >>
- Stafford County Treasurer’s Office >>
SBA Disaster Assistance Loan
The Governor declared a state of emergency on March 12, 2020, and the Commonwealth of Virginia has been officially listed and classified as an “eligible” area. We encourage Stafford County businesses interested to consider an application for financing through the SBA’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Disaster Assistance Program to begin completing the application.The number assigned to the state of Virginia for the emergency declaration is VA-00087. General guidance on the SBA Disaster Loan process can be found here. For step-by-step instructions and additional information on applying to the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan, click here.
- SBA’s Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources >>
- Virginia Chamber COVID-19 Resource Center website >>
- U.S. Chamber Coronavirus Response Toolkit >>
- Consumer delivery permits available for certain alcoholic beverage licensees and producers from the Virginia ABC >>
- Virginia Wineries Association online resources and updates >>
- Virginia Craft Brewers Guild online resources and updates >>
- Q&A’s on Unemployment Insurance Procedures from the Virginia Employment Commission >>
- The Virginia State Corporation Commission (SCC) has directed regulated electric, natural gas and water companies in Virginia to suspend service disconnections until the coronavirus outbreak subsides. Learn more here >>
- Several internet and cellular service providers are providing resources and relief: AT&T, Comcast, and Verizon.
- Develop a clear and organized communication plan to help navigate decisions for special events during a crisis with tips from CellarPass >>
- Virginia Tourism Corporation’s Business Assistance Page for the Tourism Industry >>
Stafford EDT Coronvirus newsletter updates
March 24, 2020: Additional Resources and Updates
March 19, 2020: COVID-19 Business Resources and Updates
March 16, 2020: March FOCUS Newsletter