Stafford’s CARES Act Funds
The Stafford County Board of Supervisors will consider funding options for the CARES Act funds at their July 7 meeting. The current recommendation includes a portion of the funds to be directed for business grants. Once the amount and types of grant options are approved and finalized, we will establish a grant process for businesses to apply. Please continue to visit www.GoStaffordVA.com for updated information.
Stafford’s Small Business Coronavirus (COVID-19) Disaster Assistance Grant Fund
The Economic Development Authority (EDA) granted a total of $457,000 to over 100 businesses in Stafford County. Round 1 and 2 of the COVID-19 Disaster Assistance Grant Fund are officially closed and no longer accepting applications.
Stafford EDA COVID-19 Micro Loan Fund
Grant funds (above) are limited. The EDA is offering a new COVID-19 Micro Loan Fund available to all Small Stafford Businesses:
Links to assistance for businesses during the Coronavirus situation
Families First Coronia Virus Relief Act
- Under Families First Coronavirus Relief Act (FFCRA) certain employers may be required to pay sick or family leave wages to employees who are unable to work or telework due to certain circumstances related to COVID-19. Employers are entitled to a refundable tax credit for the required leave paid, up to specified limits.
SBA's Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) and Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
U.S. SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) and Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans are two funding options for small businesses impacted by Coronavirus. Click here for SBA’s helpful graphic on PPP vs. EIDL Programs.
- On June 15, SBA began accepting new Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and EIDL Advance applications from qualified small businesses and U.S. agricultural businesses. Applicants who have already submitted their applications will continue to be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Information on the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program (also called “Phase II”) >>
- Information and application form on the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) (also called “Phase III”) >>
- PPP Information Sheet >>
- Stafford area lenders participating in PPP >>
Virginia Career Works
Virginia Career Works-Bay Consortium offers an integrated and comprehensive range of services consisting of workforce development activities benefiting job seekers—adults, dislocated workers, youth, incumbent workers, new entrants to the workforce, veterans, individuals with disabilities—and employers.
Virginia Employment Commission
Whether you’re an employer or an employee, the Virginia Employment Commission provides information and resources on unemployment insurance, job searching and the labor market.
Virginia Department of Health
VDH provides new information and resources for businesses in regards to the Governor’s Emergency Order EO61 to include a toolkit, guidance on employee health, cleaning and disinfection, as well critical infrastructure resources. Click here for details >>
Cyber Bytes Foundation
On April 7th, the Cyber Bytes Foundation (CBF) hosted the Stafford Small Business COVID-19 Financial Recovery Response Plan Webinar. A copy of the presentation can be found here >>
SBDC Recovery Resources for Small Business
The Virginia SBDC is offering virtual (phone or web conferencing) to assist with your Coronavirus-related business questions during this time. Their website provides a new checklist for businesses as they begin to look at reopening and/or planning to transition to the ‘new normal,’ there are a number of factors to consider and decisions to be made. This checklist is meant to help guide you through those important questions as you look to reimagine your business and find success in the post-crisis world. >>
Google’s Investment for Small and Midsize Businesses
Google announced $340 million in ad credits to small and midsize businesses with active Google ad accounts as part of an $800 million Coronavirus response package. Click here for details >>
Verizon Small Business Recover Fund
Verizon announced $2.5 million investment for small business impacted by Coronavirus. Businesses can apply for up to $10,000. Click here for details >>
Intuit QuickBooks’s Small Business Relief Initiative
Intuit has committed to helping small businesses succeed, no matter what. If you’re struggling, you may be able to apply for Paycheck Protection Program funds and prepare for loan forgiveness within QuickBooks Capital. Click here for details >>
Intuit Launches New Innovations to Help Consumers and Small Businesses with U.S. Government Aid and Relief Programs
Intuit launched a new AI-driven platform to help consumers and small businesses navigate U.S. government aid and relief programs; including a calculation estimate on how much aid small businesses are eligible to receive, and how much relief will likely be forgiven. Click here for details >>
Virginia 30 Day Fund
Launched by Virginia technology entrepreneur Pete Snyder and his wife, Burson, and other Commonwealth business leaders, this initiative goal is to retain Virginia jobs while small businesses wait for federal funding. Click here for details >>
Hello Alice COVID-19 Business for All Emergency Grant
Hello Alice is offering $10,000 grants distributed immediately to small business owners impacted by the Coronavirus. In addition to funding, grant recipients will receive ongoing support from the Hello Alice community. Click here for details >>
Free Lance-Star Local Marketing Grant
Free Lance Star Local Marketing Grant program, available to locally owned and operated businesses impacted by the COVID-19 virus, providing matching advertising grants for use in The Free Lance–Star print and digital publications and services. Click here for details >>
Local and State News and Updates
- Governor’s Executive Order 55: Stay at Home Order >>
- The Commonwealth of Virginia >>
- Senator Mark R. Warner’s Office >>
- Senator Tim Kaine’s Office >>
- US House of Representatives: Congressman Rob Wittman’s Office >>
- FAQ’s from the House Ways and Means Committee on how the federal government is responding to the pandemic >>
- U.S. Chamber Coronavirus Response Toolkit and helpful Guide to Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Loans.
- Virginia Chamber COVID-19 Resource Center website >>
- Virginia Tourism Corporation’s Business Assistance Page for the Tourism Industry >>
- Stafford County advisories and information >>
- Contact Stafford ED&T for assistance >>
- Stafford Commissioner of the Revenue >>
Stafford EDT Coronavirus Newsletter Updates
May 14, 2020: Stafford’s Special Announcement to Restaurants
May 11, 2020: Stafford’s May Business Focus Newsletter
April 27, 2020: Stafford ED&T COVID-19 Update
April 13, 2020: Stafford Business COVID-19 Updates: New Funding Sources
April 9, 2020: Stafford Business COVID-19 Update
April 3, 2020: Join Us: Stafford Small Business COVID-19 Webinar | April 7
April 1, 2020: Stafford’s Update on Coronavirus Information
March 24, 2020: Additional Resources and Updates
March 19, 2020: COVID-19 Business Resources and Updates
March 16, 2020: March FOCUS Newsletter